Saturday, June 6, 2009

Quandry--Please Advise

I need some advise on something really dumb. I bought a new swimsuit from Lands End this week as I have grown out of my old one. (Bummer.) I'm pleased with the tummy control bottoms but it is the top I'm stuck on. I can't decide which top I'm going to keep. Both tops are quite cute but Top A is a halter top and more flattering. Top A, however,is a V neck and happens to show some cleavage--not too hard considering my line of cleavage starts 1 1/2 inches from the base of my throat. Sigh.

Anyway, Top B is an adorable pattern, has a higher scoop neck, and more coverage on the front and back. I won't be flashing anything. Problem is, Top B isn't as as flattering and seems to enhance my bust. Neither Top A or Top B is extreme in any way. I'm not talking Pamela Anderson with either of them.

Most of you reading this post probably more conservative fashionwise--few of you are sporting string bikinis. But is it hoochy to bare a little cleavage for the sake of an overall more flattering and slimming appearance? Or, should I go with the totally modest swimsuit that will enable me to hang out with my in-laws this summer without them having to avert their eyes?

What would you do? What should I do?

And, NO, I'm not going to post pictures for you to compare the options.

7 comments:

CarrieM said...

Is it possible to keep both tops? The cuter one for lounging type swim needs and the fuller coverage for times when it would be inconvenient to fall out?

Jenny said...

I would keep the one that is the most flattering.

Sara G said...

It's hard enough feeling cute in a swimsuit (at least for me), I'd keep the one I felt most cute (sexy) wearing. I guess I might be a hoochy ;) Although, I never have to worry much about cleavage, so maybe I just don't know what I am talking about...
P.S. Your kiddies are such cuties and hope you are enjoying Montana!

Sarah said...

I consider myself a pretty modest person and I have a halter top bathing suit. I don't think there is something wrong with showing some back. If you feel better in that one, keep it. But are you going to feel uncomfortable in it?

Anonymous said...

I vote for exhibit A. I especially appreciated the dimensions on where your cleavage starts:) I hear ya sister!

Kayla said...

haha, heather you kill me! you are so hilarious! i'm sure that whatever you choose will look way cute on you! tell the kiddos HI!

Melanie said...

Go for the most flattering one (exhibit A). It sounds like it can still be considered fairly modest while making you look and feel good.
And what I wouldn't give to be able to use the word "cleavage" in describing my body in a swimming suit. But alas, it will never be. Flaunt it, baby.