Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Little Boy!

Nathan turned one year old today. Life this past year hasn't been easy. Nathan hasn't had the same experience as my other two children. I know James never heard me shout or freak out before he was one. Daphne too had a quiet more composed mother. Nathan is a real trooper for putting up with the stress and strain of a tired mom and dad, and two rambunctious siblings. I haven't always understood Nathan. I've had a hard time feeling like an intuitive mother with him. Nathan is his own person and we are slowly but surely figuring each other out.

All of my children are willful but Nathan possesses a determination that at times has driven me nuts. As I come to understand him better, I'm convinced he needed that extra determination to help him overcome a few of the challenges he faces. One of these days I'm going to video record Nathan pulling himself up on something. I'm in absolute awe of his strength and determination to move. It's amazing and I appreciate and respect him all the more because it's so challenging for him. At times I feel sorry that Nate is more of spectator than a participant at this point in his life. But those thoughts are fleeting and everyday when Nathan does something new I want to shout, "Bring it on Cerebral Palsy, we'll show you!"

Here's to a Happy First Birthday, my Boy, with more good times to follow!

11 comments:

Mary Sunshine said...

Happy, happy Birthday Nathan! It's hard to believe all these little Lisle babies are turning one already!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday little boy! I can't believe it has been over a year that we had a little diaper party for you and picked out your name - time sure does fly!

Kayla said...

Ohh happy birthday Nathan! what a beautiful little boy! he is so sweet and cute!

Torrie and the girls said...

What a precious boy, This has been one incredible year. Heather, we hope things continue to progress and you're able to get the help your adorable famiyl needs. we love and miss you guys. Happy Birthday, Nathan!

Kayla said...

PS. I totally devoted a post on my blog to your family. check it out! some lovely pictures of your darling kids!!

dmaggiemay said...

Go Nathan GO! Love news on the blog. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! We love you so much! We hope it was a magical day for all! You are in our hearts and prayers.

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Happy Birthday, Nathan! Has it really been a whole year? What a determined, amazing little boy. You're awesome, Heather! Miss you!

Jamie and Erin said...

First birthdays are the best! They come waaay too fast! Congrats on a beautiful family!

sarah sands said...

Hey guys,

We've been thinking about you! I am sorry I haven't had a chance to call. It's been a little crazy around here. We sure miss you! Can't believe little Nate it already 1. We need a visit! He's darling. So glad to hear Doug is finally in Montana. Hope there aren't any quick trips to Utah coming up. Love you guys! Sarah

Doug said...

What a mom!