BIDEN FOR PRESIDENT!
Joe Biden was great tonight. Sarah Palin did well too. It was the first time I'd actually heard her speak. I must admit, I was relieved when the debate was over, for her sake, as she seemed to be running out of things to say. Regardless of how I vote in November, I hate to see well intentioned people take a beating. I didn't see the Katie Couric interview but I've heard nothing but nasty things about it. The media should be careful. Sarah Palin is likeable and treating her too badly might backfire when people vote for her out of sympathy. That said, however, Joe Biden is presidential, man! I would love to see Obama and Biden switch positions on the ticket. He is awesome! And didn't you get a little teary with him? I did.
5 comments:
I didn't have an opinion about Biden before the debate (you obviously did :-)) but I was very impressed by him. He does seem very presidential. Also, Palin managed to come off well, despite some people's expectations, although she definitely has the down-home "by golly gosh, I'm just like you, Joe-six-pack" thing going on. After eight years of Bush and Cheney, is it too much to ask for a president and vice-president with a little polish? How about a president or vice-president that doesn't say "nukular?" IT'S NUCLEAR! nuCLEAR! Palin seems inexperienced, and at this point sort of empty, like a glorified cheerleader (no sexism intended . . . I would have used the same term if she were male) for McCain. But, I could see her, in 5 or 10 years, being a potent and likable political force after she's had some more time in mainstream politics. In 5 or 10 years. For now, despite her being the governor of a "big, energy-rich state" her short time as governor of Alaska just doesn't inspire tons of confidence in her ability to lead.
I hate the way she says nukular as well, and I love Joe Biden. A lot. Joe for Prez. Too bad the dem nomination was one big fat freaky popularity contest.
Biden has tried to be Pres 2 or 3 times. And yes for the second time in two days I got all choked up with him. The accident that took his wife and child was 35 years ago. "Do ya think" he's milking it just a little? He has a very nice wife now. Not to diminish the impact of such an event but grief used to manipulate is disingenuous. Lest you think I'm Biden bashing...I like him alot and thought he did very well.
One other thought...IF you saw Palin and Couric Palin succeeded in infuriating Couric. That alone was interesting enough. I'll betcha 9 out of ten people watched debate to see her fall on her face. Since she didn't, ("PALIN HOLDS HER OWN ! " was our papers BOLD headline. maybe her no win botched interview with Couric was Mission Accomplished.
I have never seen a news person as pissed as Couric was. Her eyes were flashing and darting. It was Palin that had her. Funny. This is the best election in a long time. Maybe for me it is best because it does not involve CLINTONS> Bye.
I'm not saying who I am voting for yet, but did think Joe Biden was impressive as a man of experience. My question is, how much advice will he really be able to give the President? I am waiting to see a bit more about what McCain has to offer since his experience is the most important factor on the Republican's ticket
DAD
I'm voting fiscally this year since I'm not all that happy with anyone. Actually, I am just turned off by the whole political machine. I'll vote the republican ticket because the fiscal promises (I'm taking with a grain of salt and not too much hope) are much more sound and realistic than the democratic ticket.
Post a Comment