Friday, November 7, 2008

James' Fifth Birthday!

James turned five on Saturday, November 1st. We opened presents on Saturday but as James and Daphne were still coming down from the Halloween sugar high, we postponed cake until Sunday. James requested a pumpkin cake with orange frosting and much to my delight I found the perfect cake at Costco. I figured since James likes cream cheese on his bagels and sour cream with his quesadillas, I was justified in buying a cheese cake. Hey, it was pumpkin and it had orange goo that could be considered frosting. Yum, and yum again. Perhaps it was selfish of me to choose a birthday cake that carried a high risk of rejection from a young child. Fortunately, however, he seemed to enjoy it as much as the adults. At least he ate the body of the cake instead of just licking off the frosting like he usually does.
James literally jumped up and down with excitement.
Silly faces...Sigh.
Mom's, I mean, James' birthday cake.

1 comment:

Torrie and the girls said...

How the time has flown!!! I remember James turning 1. I loved his little knocks on the door, he felt very much like my own child, thanks for sharing Heather and Doug. We love your little family! we miss you guys.